PRPS COVID-19 Update - February 28, 2022
On Saturday, February 26, 2022, Alberta Premier Jason Kenny announced that the province will be moving forward with lifting most of the remaining COVID-19 restrictions on March 1st. For K-12 schools this will result in the removal of all current protocols, with the exception of the sickness/isolation guidelines.
Specifically, starting March 1, 2022, the following restrictions will no longer apply:
- Cohorting will be removed for grades K-6.
- Youth screening activities for entertainment and sports activities will no longer be required.
- Capacity limits for large gatherings are removed.
- Indoor and outdoor social gathering limits will be lifted.
- There will no longer be a requirement for those over the age of 18 to wear a mask, however, Prairie Rose Public Schools will continue to support any individual who wishes to continue wearing a mask.
As mentioned, the illness and stay at home when sick requirements remain in place. Please continue to use our Student Illness Guide to determine whether your child is well enough to attend school. This requirement also applies to all adults visiting school facilities. A link to the most recent versions of our PRPS Illness Guides can be found below.
(Updated February 2022): Student Illness Guide - Staying Home When Sick
(Updated February 2022): Adult Illness Guide - Staying Home When Sick